Wednesday 19 October 2011

Silver Lips Beauty

Silver Lips Beauty
I’ve had the opportunity to hang out with Nikkia a couple of times and she is soo cool. I love that her makeup is never overdone, and she’s always banged out. Like, ALWAYS.
First Name:  Nikkia
State, Region/Country: Washington, DC USA
How We Can Find Her:
Website/Blog: www.silverlipsbeauty.com
Twitter: twitter.com/SilverLips
FaceBook: Silver Lips Beauty
Youtube: youtube.com/froznslvrlips
Foundation (brands and shades): Mac Studio Tint (Deep Dark), MAC MSF Natural (Dark), MAC Studio Tech (NC50) Nars Sheer Glow (Macao), Bobby Brown Oil Free Even Finish Foundation (Almond #7)
1. What are some of your favorite makeup products?
My favorites vary from time to time but these few never change: MAC MSF Natural (Dark),  MAC 224 Brush, MAC Siss Lipstick (I love this product too much) & Maybelline (clear) mascara best brow set ever.
2. How long have you been in love with makeup?
Wow, good question, I’ve been in love with makeup since age 13 when my mom allowed me to get my first tube of MAC lipstick (Marrakech) from Nordstrom in ’93. It was a brick red matte color and I thought I was the hottest girl in school. lol
3. What products/brands are you dying to try?
I have this thing for overseas brand/products. It must be the fact that they are not readily available to me. A few I want to try are : Black Up, K by Beverly Knight , Barry M, and Orissa Cosmetics
4. What’s your everyday makeup look?
I don’t wear makeup everyday. But when I want a light look I do the following: I start with L’Oreal Magic Base Primer, MAC MSF Natural (Dark), Urban Decay 24/7 (Zero) eyeliner,Maybelline Clear mascara on brows, Lancome Clis Booster XL lash primer , Maybelline Stiletto Voluptuous mascara  and Mad cap Lip-glass
5. Who are your makeup role models?  Wow there are so many and for different reasons, here are just a few Kevin Aucoin, Billy B. Sam Fine, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Lopez, MAC Senior Artist Kerri B., Danessa Myricks, Tia Dantzler, and Pat McGrath .
6. Anything else? Share your random beauty thoughts!  Beauty is random and personal. To me there is no wrong or right way. Beauty can be found in everything. The only thing that ever matters is how makeup/beauty makes you feel. It should help you hide flaws if you want it to or accentuate and bring out your favorite features if you want it to.  With or without makeup you have to love yourself first :-)
I love, love, LOVE Nikkia’s brows.  Here’s an excellent tutorial on how to sculpt but not over chisel your brows!

No comments:

Post a Comment